Saturday 13 October 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower


    On Wednesday, I went to see the highly anticipated adaption of Stephen Chbosky's 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'.
        I wasn't sure what to expect from it, taking it to be one of those teen films that everyone raves about, but eventually dies out. I was very wrong. 

     The movie was one of the most inspirational, sad and eye-opening that I've ever seen, and really reached out to me. Packed to the brim with influential quotes and meaningful story-lines, it made it a very moving picture, that lived up to the greatness of the book. 



Something that really caught my eye throughout was one of the main characters, Sam's, fashion. She was the eptimome of 90's cool. Always quite simplistic, with a slightly crazy, tomboy twist. 
Her hair cropped and messy, with a slick black headband, Sam always gave the vibe that she didn't care what anyone thought about her. 

Her preppy fashion was rarely bright, but still caught my attention.

You could see her personality reflected onto her clothes, which is something quite difficult to do, but her style was effortless and grungy, and easy to recreate! Sam's outfits were worlds away from Emma Watson's clean, sophisticated fashion, and it shows a completely versatile side to the actress.


If you haven't yet read the book or seen the movie, I highly recommend it as it is very emotional and creatively produced, and opened my eyes to ( this sounds cheesy!) what really matters.




Here are some of my Sam inspired outfits!


Perks of Being a Wallflower





Perks of Being a Wallflower 2


Sam



-R




No comments:

Post a Comment